An introduction to the great wine history
On this tour, you will discover the history of wine in the region and enjoy some great wine tastings with Syrah-based appellations (Côte-Rôtie, Saint-Joseph) and Viognier-based appellations (Condrieu).
- 9:15 pick up at your hotel.
- 10:00 visit of the archeological site and museum of Saint Romain En Gal to introduce you to the wine industry during the Roman era. This includes a special wine tasting of « antique » style wine.
- 11:00 wine tasting * in a winery. We will explain the French « AOC » label system which is based on soil, origin and grape variety. You will enjoy some of the greatest wines of the region made of Syrah (Saint-Joseph, Côte-Rôtie) and Viognier (Condrieu) grapes.
- 13:00 lunch in a restaurant where local dishes will be served. You will have the opportunity to try some flavorful wine and food pairings.
- 14:30 visit of a second winery where you will see a cellar dating back to the 18th century. Then you will taste the wines of the estate.
- 5:00 arrival at your hotel
Fees are based on the size of your group
|1 pers||2 pers||3 pers||4 pers||5 pers||6 pers||7 pers||8 pers|
|270 €||320 €||370 €||420 €||470 €||520 €||570 €||620 €|
For those wanting to discover some appellations of the south Rhône Valley, the first wine tasting can take place in Tain L’Ermitage (around 75 min from Lyon). In this estate, a guide will take you into the vineyard and explain the land’s history and traditions, or terroir, before pleasing your taste buds in the winery.
40 minutes only from Lyon, discover the history of wine in the region and enjoy some great wine tastings with Syrah-based appellations (Côte-Rôtie, Saint-Joseph) and Viognier-based appellations (Condrieu).
This post is also available in: French